It is a fact, yet an understatement, that all Manhattan businesses run on electricity. That means every type of industry depends on the services of a dependable licensed electrician in NYC for their very existence. That’s because without power there is zero productivity, which shortly leads to bankruptcy. This underscores the need to have a reliable, trusted professional contractor on speed dial. However, even for long-established businesses, locating the right electrician in NYC might be difficult. Most contractors advertise their services, but how can you be sure that you are hiring the right team to support your electrical needs? For over 40 years, ACM Electrical Contracting has been serving our customers and clients in the 5 boroughs. We know what it takes because we have what it takes: the licenses, certification, training, experience, and expertise to fulfill a broad range of power installations, maintenance, and repair requirements. ACM wants to make it easy for you. Here’s what you need to look for when you’re looking to hire the best electrical contractors for your NYC-based business, or commercial industry.
The 2 Types of Licensed Electricians in NYC
For starters, every electrician must be licensed by the Department of Buildings to perform electrical work in New York City. Next, know that there are two types of licenses issued by the state: Master Electrician and Special Electrician. Here’s how each is defined:
- A Master Electrician License is required to submit for construction permits to perform electrical work in New York City.
- A Special Electrician License is required to request a construction permit to work under the employment of a building owner in New York City.
Choosing The Right Electrical Contractor
We cannot stress this next point highly enough: ask to see their licenses. If they cannot or will not produce them, give them a pass! That’s because electrical contractors can carry numerous types of licenses for different types of jobs. For example, state certified electrical contractors for your NYC home or business are considered to be at the top of our profession. Electricians who are certified by a specific county can only work in that county and are restricted to performing only specific electrical services, not the broad range that most businesses at some point will require.
Asking every electrician in NYC candidate before hiring them for any job:
- Are you insured? Carrying this coverage states that should an accident occur while on the job, the insured electrical contractor is liable for any of their workers’ injuries as well as for any property that is damaged as a result of their services.
- What are your credentials? As reliable, dependable electrical contractors in NYC, ACM Electrical Contracting is informed and skilled in the latest technologies relative to installations, repairs, replacements, upgrades, etc. as well as business practices. As commercial electricians NYC we perform a broad range of electrical services for our customers and clients. Ask to see our references!
- Do you perform the actual work? What work will you perform? Many contractors subcontract their smaller jobs to journeymen, that is, less experienced workers. At ACM Electrical, our staff performs the contracted tasks.
- What are your specialties? As licensed electricians in NYC, ACM Electrical Contracting provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential electrical services.
Industrial and commercial tasks include:
- Transformer Installations
- Computer and internet cabling
- Service upgrades
- Store build-outs
- Exterior lighting and maintenance
- Communication cabling
Residential tasks include:
- Electrical panel maintenance
- Electrical appliance repair
- Electrical wiring repairs
- Major electrical projects, i.e. room/home renovations.
- Is your work warranted? At ACM Electrical Contracting, our work is a reflection of who we are, and we only produce quality results. Does your present commercial electrician in NYC make the same claim? We thought not!
Book a Commercial Electrician in NYC
To learn more or to schedule a consultation, contact our team today!