Unlike other areas of New York State, to become a licensed electrician in Queens, NY takes considerable experience, and a broad, demonstrated skill set. There are two licensing options in this field, and the NYC Department of Buildings takes responsibility for issuing either the Master Electrician or Special Electrician licenses. This department also administers the qualifying exams. When you are researching queens electrical contractors for your next commercial project, or your home or business requires electrical services from true professionals, give ACM Electrical a call. We’ve been in business since 1979, are fully licensed, highly experienced, and can be dispatched at a moment’s notice, day or night, weekday or weekend as needed. Our team of professionals excels at every size of project in residential, industrial, or commercial environments.
Qualifications for Licensed Electricians in Queens
You might be wondering what it takes to become a commercial electrician in Queens. First, one must obtain an electrical license in Queens and the 5 boroughs. Basics are to be aged 21 or over, capable of speaking and writing in fluent English, and to pass a background check as well. Here’s where the rubber meets the road and only the best make the cut. Whereas in other parts of the state no certification is required, for the 5 boroughs the standards to become a licensed electrician in Queens NY are high. Qualifications just to take the exam to become a Queens electrician, certified by the NYC Dept of Buildings, include:
- For the past 10 years, 7.5 must have been spent working as an electrician with over 10,500 hours spent installing, repairing, updating, wiring/appliances, and generating electric power, heat, or light in buildings/facilities.
- For local applicants, this experience must have been obtained while supervised by a licensed Master Electrician or Special Electrician.
- Alternate qualifications to become a commercial electrician in Queens include holding a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering plus 3.5 years and 4,900 hours of experience. Or, a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and 2.5 years and 3,500 hours of experience.
- Queens electrical contractor candidates who graduated from a trade school or apprenticeship program may qualify to take the exam if their program has been registered with the NY DOL, and they have at least 5.5 years and 7,000 hours of industry experience.
- Additionally, an electrical inspector with a state or public agency vetted by the Building Commission may qualify to take the exam to become a commercial electrician in Queens. Their qualifications must equal 7.5 years and 7,000 hours of industry experience.
Contact our Queens Electrical Contractors Today
As fully licensed electricians in Queens NY, the team at ACM Electrical Contracting Corp. not only meets but exceeds the NYC Department of Buildings standards for our industry. You can be assured that upon request we will provide all ‘proofs’ of our qualifications, including references. Our clients will tell you that they rely on our professionals to keep their electrical power systems safe and fully operational. Whatever the job entails, an installation, upgrade, maintenance, repair, or replacement, we’ll be on the job when required, 24/7/365. We’ve performed thousands upon thousands of electrical system jobs over the past 4 decades. Our reliability and professionalism speak for themselves.
Contact us today with your requirements. Let’s partner up to keep your commercial business’ electrical systems up and running and your productivity high!